Savoy Jicama Slaw with Citrus-Cumin Dressing
- 8 cups savoy cabbage, finely shredded (1/2 of a small head, about 1 pound)
- 1 cup radicchio, finely shredded (about 1 small head)
- 2 cups jicama, cut into 1/8 by 1-inch long matchsticks (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/8 by 1-inch long matchsticks
- 1 cup green onions, white and bright green parts, thinly sliced (about 6)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (1 small bunch, woody stems removed)
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple or 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Cumin Dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic
For the slaw: In a large bowl, lightly toss the shredded cabbage, removing any thick pieces. Repeat with the radicchio, then add to the cabbage. Add the jicama, carrots, red bell peppers, green onions, cilantro and pineapple, tossing after each addition.
For the cumin dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and agave in a measuring cup. Whisk in the grapefruit juice, orange juice and vinegar and blend well.
Pour the vinaigrette over the slaw mix and blend well. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Stir and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.