Spicy Swiss Chard and Artichoke Dip
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, diced
- 8 cups (lightly packed) roughly chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until crispy and browned, another 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, pickled jalapenos and sun-dried tomatoes and heat through, 1 minute.
In a deep pot, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until golden, 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and slowly pour in the milk while whisking; cook, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes. Add the sauce to the chard mixture. Stir in the ricotta, cream cheese, cheddar and Parmesan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri