Spicy Swiss Chard and Artichoke Dip
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, diced
- 8 cups (lightly packed) roughly chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until crispy and browned, another 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, pickled jalapenos and sun-dried tomatoes and heat through, 1 minute.
In a deep pot, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until golden, 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and slowly pour in the milk while whisking; cook, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes. Add the sauce to the chard mixture. Stir in the ricotta, cream cheese, cheddar and Parmesan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse