Vinegar Brined Baby Back Ribs
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 pounds baby back ribs, silver skin removed, racks cut in 1/2
- 1/2 bottle beer
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- BBQ sauce, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups raspberries, frozen
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons molasses
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to high.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large resealable bag or nonreactive container; combine the vinegar, water, 1 tablespoon of the salt and 1 tablespoon of the pepper, 4 of the garlic cloves and the ribs. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes only.
In a large roasting pan, fitted with a rack, arrange the ribs on the rack and pour in half of the beer. Drink or discard the remaining beer. Add the onion and remaining garlic cloves. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and put into the hot oven. Reduce the heat to 300 and roast for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the foil and baste the ribs with the BBQ sauce. Roast for 7 minutes, then turn the ribs over, baste again and roast for another 7 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the oven to a cutting board and slice between the ribs. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and serrano and cook until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and the ginger and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, being cautious not to burn the mixture. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and then add the raspberries, jam and molasses. Stir to combine, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender, then strain through a sieve into a bowl or jar, to remove the seeds, pushing the sauce through as much as possible. Can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.