Wild Rice Salad with Edamame
- Rice Salad:
- 1 cup long-grain wild rice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup green peas, defrosted from frozen, or fresh
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Champagne Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad: Place the wild rice in a medium saucepan with 4 cups water and the kosher salt. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 50 minutes. Drain well, return to the saucepan and cover for 10 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels and saute until charred, about 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the garlic, shallot, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. While continuously whisking, slowly stream in the oil until the dressing is emulsified.
To serve: Combine the warm rice with the corn, edamame, green peas, chickpeas and onion. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over top and toss well to evenly distribute. Allow to sit for 30 minutes, taste for seasoning and serve at room temperature. The remaining vinaigrette can be refrigerated for another use.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.