- 1/4 cup high-fiber bran cereal twigs (recommended: Fiber One Original)
- 1 ounce fat-free BBQ-flavored potato chips (recommended: Pringles Light Fat Free Barbecue Potato Crisps)
- Dash onion powder
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash black pepper
- Dash salt
- 8 ounces raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 10 nuggets
- 3 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Carrot sticks, as optional accompaniment
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet (or baking pan) with nonstick spray and set aside.
Crush potato chips in a sealed bag, and then add to the bowl of cereal crumbs. Add spices and mix well.
Place chicken pieces in a separate bowl, cover with hot sauce, and toss to coat.
Give each chicken piece a shake so it's not dripping with sauce, and then coat evenly with crumb mixture. Lay crumb-covered nuggets on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Flip nuggets over and bake until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout, about 10 more minutes.
Serve with carrot sticks, if using. Enjoy!
PER SERVING (5 wings): 175 calories, 1.5g fat, 1,153mg sodium, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, <1g sugars, 27g protein