Habanero Laced Bahamian Cracked Conch Ceviche
- 8 ounces fresh conch (preferably Bahamian)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 habanero, seeded and minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the conch in small thin strips. If desired, boil for 1 minute in seasoned water then chill in ice water. Add 1/2 of the lemon and lime juice and all of the garlic and ginger. Let stand for 30 minutes. Add all the vegetables, remaining juices and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with store-bought plantain chips or make them yourself.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Michelle Bernstein