Habanero-Orange Marinated Duck Quesadillas with Mango Salsa
- Duck Quesadillas:
- 12 strips orange peel
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 habanero pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) duck breasts
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded jalapeno Jack cheese
- Mango Salsa:
- 4 medium mangos, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 small red peppers, diced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, for garnish
Finely chop the orange peels and cilantro leaves. In a medium bowl add the olive oil, orange juice, habanero pepper and salt and pepper. Mix well. Rub the duck breast with the mixture and marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the duck from refrigerator. Drain excess marinade. In a large oven-proof skillet over high heat, sear the duck breasts on both sides until brown. Transfer to the oven and roast until done. Let cool. Remove the skin and dice the meat.
Combine the mango, pepper, lime, and cilantro and refrigerate.
Gently warm the tortillas. Spread diced duck breast evenly on each half of each tortilla. Top each with cheese. Fold tortilla. Lightly oil a grill pan and grill until light brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice each tortilla into 5 wedges and garnish with mango salsa and sour cream.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Encore