Halibut in a Yucatecan Marinade
- 4 to 6 (6ounce) halibut fillets, skinned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 oranges
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, for the fish
- Lime wedges for garnish
Place the halibut fillets in a shallow nonreactive baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over fish, cover dish with plastic and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
Heat a grill. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and grill about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve hot with lime wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.