- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1 pound halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 button mushrooms
- 8 grape tomatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chive oil, recipe follows
Preheat grill to medium.
For each skewer, assemble alternating pieces of cheese, bell peppers and red onion, ending with a mushroom and grape tomato on the end. Spray skewers with non-stick cooking spray, place on grill, and cook until cheese starts to melt; turn and cook on the other side until vegetables are tender. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with chive oil.Chive Oil:
1 cup canola oil
2 ounces chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, combine canola oil, chives and salt and pepper, to taste; blend until smooth and bright green.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Nighttown
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello