Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 to 4 tablespoons corn or peanut oil
- 3 1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 to 3 ounces honey or sugar-cured ham (yielding 1/2 cup cubed ham)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas or baby lima beans
- 1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons green and white scallions Peanuts
Heat a wok or a small, heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, swirl to coat the pan. Add eggs and scramble them. As soon as there is no more freely running egg, turn them out into a bowl and break them into small bits. They should be soft and a bit runny -- not brown.
Heat the wok or a large skillet and add 2 tablespoon oil to coat. Add the rice and toss briskly to coat and separate each grain, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ham and peas. Toss to mix in the ingredients and allow the mixture to heat through, about 30 seconds. Return the eggs to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt, scallions and peanuts, tossing another 5 to 10 seconds to let the eggs get hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.