Ham and Vegetables Over Medium Shells
- 12 ounces medium size shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup pimentos cut into slivers
- 12 ounces smoked black forest ham, cut into small dice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered pitted black nicoise olives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add sliced onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and zucchini and saute a minute. Add white wine, cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove lid, add tomatoes, pimentos, ham and simmer a couples of minutes just to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and spoon over pasta. Garnish with sliced olives and parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.