Ham, Roasted Pork, and Swiss Cheese Sandwich on Sweet Bread: Medianoche
- 6 sweet rolls (available from Latin markets)
- 8 ounces roasted pork, from the shoulder or leg, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 3 pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons mustard
- 8 ounces butter
Assemble the sandwich by slicing all the rolls and dividing the meat and cheese equally. Place the roasted pork, ham, and cheese slices on top of 1/2 of the roll. Place pickle slices on top. Spread mustard on the inside of the other half of the roll. Place the top half of the roll over the sandwich, to close. Spread butter on the outside of the top and bottom of the sandwich.
Cook in a very hot cast-iron griddle, or electric flat top, until heated through and golden brown on the outside.
Recipe courtesy of Alex Garcia