Hard Boiled Eggs in Curried Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin, cardamom, coriander and turmeric
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 hard boiled eggs, halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted sliced almonds and chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
Heat vegetable oil and add onions. Saute, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until onions are golden and tender. Add garlic, ginger and spices and saute for a few seconds or until aromas are released. Add tomatoes and broth and simmer, uncovered until sauce is thick but still fluid. Slip eggs in and simmer just until eggs are heated through; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over boiled texmati rice and garnished with almonds and chopped cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.