- 1/2 cup ground nuts (or walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk (you can use nonfat or 2 percent)
- 1/2 cup steamed and mashed winter squash (about 1/2 pound uncooked. I love "sweet dumpling")
- 2 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 egg whites
Combine nuts, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl, and set aside. In another bowl combine milk, squash, egg yolks and oil. With a large wooden spoon, stir the dry mixture into the squash mix and set aside. Beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form. (Use a copper bowl for best results). Gently fold the stiff whites into the squash mixture. Heat up you skillet, and pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook until surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry and flip. Cook until golden brown.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.