Hawaiian Opu (Stomach) Popper
- Potato salad is a common staple at many gatherings in Hawaii. Often people will seek out the potato salad first before actually taking part in the actual meal. In this recipe, much effort is made to achieve maximum richness.
- 1 gallon Kraft mayonnaise
- 2 pounds elbow macaroni, cooked until soft
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 4 pounds new potatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups diced carrots, blanched
- 2 cups green peas, blanched
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika (sweet)
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
The macaroni, potatoes, peas, carrots, and hard-boiled eggs are all cooked separately and cooled to room temperature. All ingredients are all combined in the biggest pot or bowl available and mixed by hand to blend thoroughly. Additional salt may be added following this if it is not tasty enough. Finish off by placing the salad in a huge serving tray and sprinkling paprika over the top. Surround with cherry tomatoes.
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.