- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Butter or vegetable oil or spray, for bowl
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- Beesting glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
Make the sponge by mixing ingredients in bowl and letting sit for 1/2 hour.
In a standing mixer, fitted with a dough hook, add the sponge. Add in the flour, egg, egg yolks, salt, and sugar. Add any additional flour to make smooth dough. Place in oiled bowl, cover and set aside until doubled in volume. Punch down and let rise (covered) again.
Punch down and roll out into a rough triangular shape that is about 1 1/2 feet and 1/2-inch thick. Paint with melted butter. Mix together sugar, cinnamon and hazelnuts. Sprinkle on. Roll up and press into well-buttered bundt pan. Let rise until doubled.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Recipe courtesy of Wayne Harley Brachman