- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 32 ounces canned hearts of palm or 2 pounds fresh hearts of palm
- 1 large red onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, cut away from the seed and julienned
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, vinegar, soy sauce, scallions, black pepper, and salt. Then leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream.
Toss together the hearts of palm, onion, bell pepper, and mango. Stir in enough of the dressing to coat, and serve any additional dressing on the side.