Hearts of Palm Salad
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 32 ounces canned hearts of palm or 2 pounds fresh hearts of palm
- 1 large red onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, cut away from the seed and julienned
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, vinegar, soy sauce, scallions, black pepper, and salt. Then leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream.
Toss together the hearts of palm, onion, bell pepper, and mango. Stir in enough of the dressing to coat, and serve any additional dressing on the side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Hearts of Palm Fritters with Avocado Dipping Sauce, Salad of The Greens with Fennel, Mint and Orange, Salad of Mesclun Greens with Dried Cranberries, Mascarpone Dumplings and Champagne Vinaigrette, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Shrimp Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Cobb Salad Recipes, Couscous Salad Recipes, Tomato Side Dish Recipes