Hearts of Palm Salad
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 32 ounces canned hearts of palm or 2 pounds fresh hearts of palm
- 1 large red onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, cut away from the seed and julienned
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, vinegar, soy sauce, scallions, black pepper, and salt. Then leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream.
Toss together the hearts of palm, onion, bell pepper, and mango. Stir in enough of the dressing to coat, and serve any additional dressing on the side.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved