Hearty Fried Potatoes
- Oil, for frying
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced mild banana peppers
- 1 cup grated cheese blend ( Monterey jack and cheddar, combined)
- Sour cream, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Biscuits, accompaniment, optional
Preheat the oven to broil.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add potatoes and onions and cook until browned. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and peppers, stir to combine, and saute until mushrooms have softened. Transfer mixture to a sizzle or heat-proof platter and cover with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and biscuits, if desired.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.