Heirloom Tomato Stack with Chili Lime Dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cups baby arugula lettuce
- 3/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and flesh cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Using a blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut the tomatoes into 4 thick beef-like slices and put 1 slice on each serving plate. Top each tomato with 1/2 cup arugula leaves.
Fold the crabmeat and avocados together in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then put 2 tablespoons of the crabmeat mixture on each tomato stack.