- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbal salt
- Serving suggestions: Chicken or pork
Stir together the breadcrumbs, basil, oil, thyme, parsley, pepper and salt. To use with meat, moisten chicken or pork with water and press the crumb mixture over the meat. Place on a rack and bake at 400 degrees F until done, 10 to 20 minutes.
Cook's Note: You can also the herb crust for pan-frying or grilling.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Lavender Fields Farm