Herb-Crusted Halibut aka "Mommy's Fish Sticks"
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets (preferably Alaskan), skin removed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt or Essence, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- Lemon wedges
Rinse fillets and pat dry. Use 3 shallow dishes to prepare your breading ingredients. In the first dish, mix the flour with 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or Essence and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Break the eggs into the second dish and beat well. In the third dish, mix the panko with the remaining seasoned salt or Essence, pepper, and dried herbs.
Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Bread each fillet by dipping first in the flour mix, then the eggs, then the panko, coating thoroughly with each layer. Place carefully in the hot oil. (Don't crowd the skillet; work in batches if needed.) Cook 2 to 4 minutes on each side (time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.