HERB CRUSTED SEARED TUNA WITH WASABI MAYONNAISE, GINGER CONFIT ON ENDIVE
- 2 pounds thickly sliced sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cracked pink and green peppercorns
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 medium piece fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 to 4 Belgian endives
Have tuna sliced as thick as possible cutting against the grain into 1 1/2-inch rectangular pieces. Rub the fish with olive oil and roll in thyme, peppercorns, salt, and pepper. On a very hot grill sear the fish on each side for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending upon the desired doneness. Set aside and slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
For wasabi mayonnaise, start with 1 tablespoon of wasabi powder mixed with mayonnaise and add more, if desired, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Fahrer Caterers, Inc.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller