- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, medium-cubed
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup each shiitake, baby bench and key mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 box whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and then add the beef cubes. Saute the beef cubes until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Add the shallots, cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent. Whisk the arrowroot into the white wine until it dissolves. Add the wine mixture, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Herb Mesa
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay