- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 small limes, cut into wedges
- Hot sauce, to serve
In a large sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute until the onion and peppers are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the wine, tomatoes, and bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes more. Reduce the heat and add the shrimp. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve the shrimp mixture over the cooked brown rice and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the top. Serve the dish with lime wedges and hot sauce.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.