- 1/4 cup white wine or champagne
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced herbs, such as tarragon, chives, and/or parsley
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Whisk in the herbs. Use immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Cook's note: The herbs will loose their vibrant green color over time, but will contribute but will contribute more flavor to the dressing.