Herbed Burgers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 large carrot, thinly shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add the cayenne and garlic and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 1 minute. Add the peanut butter, ketchup and ¼ cup water and stir until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl.
Toss the carrots with the lemon juice, cumin and salt and black pepper to taste.
Mix the beef with the cilantro, parsley, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper using your hands until just combined. Form into four ¾-inch-thick patties, about 4½ inches in diameter. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, turning once, about 4 minutes 30 seconds per side for medium.
Assemble the burgers on the hamburger buns with the peanut sauce and carrots.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.