- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 large carrot, thinly shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add the cayenne and garlic and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 1 minute. Add the peanut butter, ketchup and ¼ cup water and stir until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl.
Toss the carrots with the lemon juice, cumin and salt and black pepper to taste.
Mix the beef with the cilantro, parsley, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper using your hands until just combined. Form into four ¾-inch-thick patties, about 4½ inches in diameter. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, turning once, about 4 minutes 30 seconds per side for medium.
Assemble the burgers on the hamburger buns with the peanut sauce and carrots.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved