Herbed Ham and Cheddar Frittata
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon dried, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon dried, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound ham steak, chopped, rinsed, and patted dry (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
In an 8- or 9-inch flameproof heavy skillet cook scallions and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. In a bowl whisk together eggs, thyme, rosemary and pepper to taste. Add egg mixture to scallion mixture and cook, without stirring, 2 minutes. Add ham and cook, without stirring, 8 minutes, or until edges are set but center is still soft. While frittata is cooking, preheat broiler.
Sprinkle Cheddar on frittata and broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.