Herschel's Grill Paint
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and lightly cooled but not hardened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Whisk together the mayonnaise and butter in a bowl. Whisk in the honey and lemon juice. Stir in the garlic, dried parsley, horseradish, mustard, pepper and lemon zest and mix well.
Use grill paint for seasoning meat and poultry. Brush it on steak, chicken or pork before grilling.
Contestant/Competition Recipe: This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Herschel Walker