High Country Beef Curry
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces beef jerky, cut into small pieces
- 1 (2-ounce) packet powdered coconut milk
- 1 1/2 ounces dehydrated mixed vegetables (preferably mushrooms, onion, and carrots)
- 1 -ounce raisins
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 6 ounces Asian rice vermicelli
Place all ingredients, except vermicelli, in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. In another pot, cook vermicelli according to package directions. (I find it helpful to break the pasta in half before the hike.)
Carefully drain the pasta and add to curry pot. Return to stove, reduce heat, and stir until well mixed and bubbling (if it seems too dry, add a bit more water). Turn stove off, cover pot. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Derek Sullivan, Seattle, Washington