Home Recipe for Waffle House Chili
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans (not drained)
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/4 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cubes beef bouillon (or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
Brown hamburger, sausage and onions together in 6-quart saucepan. Add pinto beans (not drained), add can of tomato sauce and add enough water to rinse can. Add beef bouillon granules. If using beef bouillon cubes, dissolve in 1/4 cup water then add to the pan. Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ground oregano, cumin, chili powder and sugar. Blend thoroughly.
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.