Homewrecker (Household Version)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 8 all-beef weenies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 hot dog buns, warmed
- Sliced jalapenos, sliced, stems in, 4 slices to each hot dog
- Jalapeno based nacho cheese
- Habanero sauce, 1/8 teaspoon per dog (more or less, your heat preference)
- Homemade chili sauce, or store-bought
- Cole slaw, diced with carrots, mayonnaise, salt and pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Shredded cheese
Pour the oil into pan and let it get real hot. Once hot, add hot dogs and deep-fry.
In another pan, melt the butter, then add the onions and bell peppers, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Saute until translucent.
On a warm bun, add the fried weenie. Put some of the jalapenos and 1/2-ounce of nacho cheese over the weenie, then top with habanero sauce, followed by some of the sauteed peppers and onions. Top with chili sauce, 1 squeeze of mustard, 1 tablespoon of cole slaw mixture, and sprinkle lightly with lettuce and diced tomatoes. Top with some of the shredded cheese. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs and toppings.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sharie Knight, owner Hilpoundilly Hot Dogs in Lesage, WV