Honey-Chipotle Glazed Beef Burgers with Mint-Avocado Sauce
- For the Patties:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup Zinfandel (recommended: Sutter Home)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- For the Avocado-Mint Sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- For the Honey-Chipotle Glaze:
- 3/4 cup Zinfandel (recommended: Sutter Home)
- 3/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 bakery sandwich rolls, split
- 6 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
DirectionsFor the Honey-Chipotle Glaze:
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.For the patties:
Combine the chuck, sirloin, jerk seasoning, wine, and salt in a large bowl. Mix lightly and form into 6 patties. Refrigerate until ready to grill.For the sauce: For the glaze:
Combine the wine, vinegar, honey, chiles, and salt in a fire-proof saucepan. Place on the grill rack and cook, stirring often, until the mixture is reduced by half.
When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with the oil. Place the patties on the rack over direct heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, basting often with the glaze until the desired doneness is reached.
Brush some of the glaze on the cut sides of the rolls. Place the rolls, cut side down, on the rack and grill until lightly toasted. Remove the rolls and place on a serving plate.
To assemble the burgers, place a lettuce leaf on each roll bottom. Top with a tomato slice. Add a patty, a dollop of the sauce, and a roll top.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Diane Sparrow, Osage, Iowa
Grilled Chipotle Honey-Glazed Chicken Nachos with Monterey Jack Cheese Sauce, Avocado Relish and Charred Jalapenos
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay