- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 zucchini, cut into quarters
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, cut vertically into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut vertically into eighths
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
Scrub potatoes to remove any dirt. Prick all over with a fork. Micro-cook the potatoes on high for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender but firm. Combine the honey, wine, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Brush the vegetables with the honey marinade. Place the vegetables on skewers, if desired.
Lightly oil the grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat the grill until the coals are somewhat gray with ash; the flame should be low. Place the skewered or loose potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, green pepper, red pepper, and onion directly on the greased grill. Grill the vegetables for about 10 minutes, brushing them with the honey marinade every few minutes and turning them after 5 minutes.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Angela Shelf Medearis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay