Honey Hoisin Glazed Wings
- 12 chicken wings, wing tips removed, split at the joint
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons black and white sesame seeds, for serving
Arrange an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the broiler.
Toss the chicken with the vegetable and sesame oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Arrange the chicken on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Broil the chicken, turning after 10 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown, crisp and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the honey, hoisin and soy sauce. Pour into an extra-large bowl.
Add the chicken to the bowl and toss with the honey glaze. Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Kelsey Nixon