Honey-Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables
- 1/2 cup naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 pork tenderloins, silver skinned removed
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, cut in thirds lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half, de-seeded
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin on, washed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 fennel, de-cored, cut in thirds, lengthwise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Canola oil, for cooking
In a bowl, mix together the soy, garlic, ginger, scallions, honey, Dijon, wine and oil. Toss with pork to coat well and let marinate for at least 4 hours, refrigerated. Pull the pork out of the marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil and reduce by 25 to 30 percent. Meanwhile, in a large, hot saute pan coated lightly with oil, pan sear the pork until brown on all sides, about 10 to12 minutes total. Glaze the pork every 3 to 4 minutes with the reduced marinade. In a large bowl, mix together the eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion, sweet potato and fennel. Toss lightly with oil, season and place on hot grill. Cook vegetables until done, chop into 1-inch pieces and check for flavor.
PLATING: On a dinner plate using an o-ring mold (3-inch diameter by 2 inches tall or a tuna fish can) fill with grilled veggies. Cut each tenderloin into 3 petit fillets and drizzle with reduced marinade.
WINE: Rosemont GSM, Australia
Thank you! your flag was submitted.