Hot and Sour Beef Salad
- 1 1/4 pound flank steak or reserved cooked flank steak from broiled flank steak recipe *see cooks note
- Coarse salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup lime juice divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese chili paste
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large head butter lettuce, washed and spun dry
*Cooks Note: if using reserved cooked steak, there is no need to cook it again. Just slice it thinly and use.
Season flank steak with salt and pepper and 1/4 cup lime juice. Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add flank steak and cook to medium rare, turning once, about 6 to 7 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and let rest.
In a large, non-reactive salad bowl, whisk together remaining lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chili paste and cilantro. Add cucumber, mango and lettuce leaves to dressing. Toss until combined. Divide among 5 serving dishes.
Slice flank steak very thin and divide slices among the salads. Place over greens.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Gingery Hot Duck Salad, Marinated Raw Tenderloin with Apples: Carne Sala con Insalata di Mele, Braune Klare Rindsuppe Mit SpeckknOeDel (Beef Consome with Bacon Dumplings), Filet Mignon Recipes, Hamburger Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Pepper Steak Recipes, Beef Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes