- 1 pound habanero peppers, roughly chopped, plus sliced and whole for garnish
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
In a food processor, combine the peppers, onions, shallots and olive oil and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and reduce the sauce over low heat for 15 to 25 minutes. Then bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Mix in the spaghetti and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Garnish with Parmesan, sliced habanero peppers and a whole habanero on top!
Cook's Note: Add more habanero peppers for a hotter sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.