Hot Italian Sausage and Shrimp with Asiago Grits
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned grits
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago cheese (can substitute fresh grated parmesan)
- Sausage and Shrimp:
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage, coin sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn (cut off the cob or frozen)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning, (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- *Prep all ingredients in the recipe before starting to cook.
DirectionsFor the Grits:
In a medium saucepan, bring broth and milk to a gentle boil and slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes stirring frequently. While the grits are cooking prepare the sausage and shrimp.
When the grits are done stir in the asiago cheese. Keep them warm and continue to stir until ready to serve. (Grits cannot be made ahead of time.)
For the Sausage and Shrimp:
Cook coin sliced sausage in a 12" skillet over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
Add olive oil to the hot skillet and cook the shrimp, turning until cooked through about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, corn, green onions, garlic, seasoning and water and cook another 3-4 minutes. Add the cooked sausage and heat through.
Spoon grits into individual bowls and top with sausage and shrimp mixture.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.