Hot Red Pepper and Walnut Dip: Muhammara
- 7 -ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toasted pita triangles, as an accompaniment
- *Available at Middle Eastern markets
In a food processor blend together the peppers, the bread crumbs, the walnuts, the garlic, the lemon juice, the pomegranate molasses, the cumin, the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste, until the mixture is smooth. With the motor running, add the oil gradually. Transfer the muhammara to a bowl and serve it at room temperature with the pita triangles.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chilled Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Avocado-Chile Salsa, Arugula, Red Pepper, and Sausage Stuffed Fillet of Beef, Grilled Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Soup with Grilled Pancetta, Antipasti Recipes, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes