Hot Seasoned French Bread with Ham and Tomatoes
- Loaf of French or Italian bread
- 2/3 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 ounces Black Forest ham, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Split the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise; set the bread, crusts side down, on a baking sheet. In a mixing bowl combine the cheese, onion, olive oil, vinegar, oregano and olives; season to taste. Spread the mixture over each bread half. Bake until hot.
Remove from oven. Spread the hot loaves with tomato slices, then drape thin slices of ham over tomates and eat hot, accompanied with salad.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater