- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 to 12 small waxy-style potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves), chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon French's mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl soak the onions in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain.
In a medium saucepan cover the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt with cold water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until fork tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, transfer potatoes to a large bowl, and mix with the onions and celery. Set aside to cool.
When the potatoes have cooled, carefully fold them with the mayonnaise mixture. Season with pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.