- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot or 3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled finely grated
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly ground black pepper
Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with the salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Shake the garlic paste, oil, shallot, bell pepper, carrot, vinegar, parsley, water, and pepper in a cruet. Serve.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.