Hummus With Herbed Pita Crisps
- Pita Crisps:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (chives, parsley, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, etc.)
- 4 pitas (I like to use whole wheat for a nuttier flavor), cut into eighths
- Salt, for sprinkling
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and juice reserved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the pita crisps: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the butter and herbs and pulse until well combined. Spread the herb butter onto the pita slices. Sprinkle with salt and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, for the hummus: In a food processor, combine the drained chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and cumin. Pulse until smooth. With the food processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream. Season with the salt and puree until very smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2 tablespoons at a time of the reserved chickpea juice until desired consistency.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.