Hungry Grilled Pineapple with So-Good Cinnamon-Vanilla Yogurt Dip
- Grilled Pineapple
- 16 fresh or packed in juice pineapple rings
- 6 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated no-calorie sweetener (recommended: Splenda)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sticks, for serving, optional
Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium heat. Lay pineapple rings flat and cook until slightly blackened and caramelized, about 3 minutes per side, flipping carefully. Set aside to cool.
For the dip: Combine the yogurt, no-calorie sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended and smooth. If you like, chill for at least 10 minutes before dipping. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if using.
PER SERVING (4 grilled pineapple rings with 1/4th of dip): 145 calories, less than 0.5g fat, 21mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 4g protein
2010 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger