- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Combine eggs, onion, and milk together in a mixing bowl.
Mix baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cornmeal, and flour together.
Then mix the dry ingredients with the milk mixture. Blend well.
Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and cook until golden brown.