- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy Dijon mustard (recommended: Best Foods/Hellmann's Dijonnaise)
- 1/2 envelope dry ranch dressing/dip mix
- 2 tablespoons fat-free non-dairy liquid creamer
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6 hard-boiled egg whites, chilled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more, for serving, optional
- Paprika, for serving, optional
Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl, and pour 1/3 cup water over it. Cover and microwave until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, drain any excess water, if needed.
Cook's Note: Alternatively, prepare cauliflower on the stove in a metal steamer pot.
Put 2 cups cauliflower in a blender or food processor and set the rest aside. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, ranch dressing or dip mix, non-dairy creamer, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Puree or pulse until blended. Don't worry if the puree isn't completely smooth. Set aside.
Chill for several hours before serving. Garnish with paprika and additional parsley, if using. Mmmmm!
PER SERVING (2/3 cup): 97 calories, 1.25g fat, 729mg sodium, 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 8g sugars, 4.5g protein