Ignorance Is Bliss Chili
- 1 pound London broil, trimmed and diced
- 1 pound center cut pork loin, trimmed and diced
- 3 slices of bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces ground Sicilian sausage or hot sausage
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green or red pepper
- 5 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 small jar medium-hot chilies
- 3 (6 oz.) cans of tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium can of pinto beans
- 1 cup bar-b-que sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil-divided
- 3 cups water
- Dry spices:
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to a five quart pot over medium-high heat. Add the butter and the coarsely chopped onion and cook until carmelized.
Once carmelized, add the beef, pork, bacon and sausage, stirring occasionally until browned. Add the lime juice, stir, and reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and 2 cans of tomato paste, stir, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium-high, stir in remaining peanut oil, finely chopped onion, red or green peppers, chilies, tomato paste, crushed tomatos, bar-b-que sauce, all dry spices, and 3 cups of water. Stir, cover, and let cook for twenty minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low, stir and cook for forty minutes stirring often.
Increase heat to medium, stir in pinto beans, hot sauce, and molasses, cover and cook for thirty minutes.
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Austin-Style Chicken Chili, Southwestern-Style Buffalo Chili with Cactus Paddle Salad with Oranges, Peaches and Pecans, MAIN CHALLENGE: Red Chili Citrus Mushrooms with Grilled Zucchini, London Broil Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Turkey Chili Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Lentil Soup Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes